Detoxification – an upshot of a healthy lifestyle!
Detoxification and Its Importance
Detoxification is the body’s method of clearing toxins, neutralizing, transforming or getting rid of undesirable substances that have been accumulated over time. Most of these toxins emanate from the kind of diet people have, use of drugs, and exposure to the environment. Toxins are formed due to the oxidized fats and cholesterol, free radicals, and other harmful particles that are stored up in the body. Moreover, poor digestion, colon dysfunction and indolence, poor kidney function, reduced liver function and respiratory tract infection all lead to an increased toxicity. Detoxification is the body’s primary function, which is synchronized with the other bodily functions. Optimizing this function is done by reducing the amount of toxins that are amassed in the body, thus improving the process of waste elimination. Detoxification would also mean changing one’s dietary and lifestyle. Minimizing the toxin load involves avoidance of toxic chemicals that are found in some food and other sources such as sugar, caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol, and other forms of drugs.
Owing to the fact that the most people have unhealthy lifestyle (i.e. binging on junk food and beverages, relying on fast food) plus lack of exercise, such sedentary living causes so much stress on the body. Hence, providing the body with the necessary nutrients and rest is very essential. This is the where detoxification process is of utmost importance; it alters the focus from absorbing unhealthy food portions towards regenerating the cells and cleansing the internal organs of the body. Developing a detoxification (detox) routine promotes the right intake of food and drinks that are vital in building the body cells and in flushing out toxins. Incorporating antioxidants is also important since these protect the body harmful free radicals that are circulating inside.
Ways to Detoxify
Improving the body’s ability to clear toxins can be done in various ways. Below are some of the things that can help detoxify the body in a natural way:
- Take in sufficient amount of fiber (fresh fruits and vegetables, herbs, brown rice) that has enzymes which aid proper digestion and improve nutrient absorption.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of clean water; at least 8 glasses a day. Green tea and other herbs also help detoxify the body.
- Take vitamin C; it helps flush out toxins.
- Substitute toxic oils with good oils such as virgin oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil, avocado and hemp oil.
- Reduce or avoid eating foods made with white flour (this causes digestive disorder).
- Eat more legumes (contains protein) and reduce eating meat.
- Drink or take in probiotic supplements such as yogurt drinks.
- Exercise regularly; allow the body to perspire; go to the gym or have sauna baths/hydrotherapy session.
- Be positive! Remove stress by fostering positive thoughts; be happy all the time.
Detoxification through Structured Water
Without a doubt, drinking plenty of water is one of the most effective ways of detoxification. With this in mind, a good detox routine is by drinking structured water. The structured water benefits include assisting the body in the detoxification process. Structured water is highly oxygenated which helps in forming and building the body cells. There are available portable units and whole house units. Drinking structured water aids in removing the toxins in the body and helps prevent cancer formation due to the presence of antioxidants. Do not just drink clean water, drink structured water!